Sales Associate (Full Time, Agriculture Dept.)
Company: Agri Supply Company
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets customers on sales floor and determines make, type and
quality of merchandise desired, including agricultural and tillage
parts. - Assists customers with selecting and loading disc harrow
- Rotates livestock feed and assists with unloading feed
- Cuts sprayer, suction, and discharge hoses that are sold per
- Offers directions to other locations in the store and provides
assistance with merchandise. -
- Researches items and product information in sales catalog for
customers, and makes phone calls to the purchasing department to
secure items for customers.
- Loads/transports customers' verified purchases by hand or with
a forklift either to the register and/or to customers' vehicle.
- Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's
needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and
- Prepares sales ticket, writes up special orders for customers,
and follows through on special orders.
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customer, if needed. -
- Takes inventory out of stock and maintains adequate inventory
levels in their department. - Requisitions merchandise from
overstock, warehouse, etc.
- May train and assist new employees in department.
- Passes along information for new stock items to the managers. -
Informs managers of any quality control problems with stock.
- Performs price changes on items in the department.
- Maintains work area and shelves that are neat, clean,
organized, and attractive to all customers, ensuring all items are
- As needed, assists Shipping/Receiving Department by staging
Bulk items with a forklift.
- Works directly with other clerical personnel, store personnel,
and management personnel to accomplish job duties.
- Any and all other duties assigned by management.
-Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Some High School/ HS Diploma/ GED
- Or six months to one year related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Agriculture background preferred.
- Strong communication skills that can -make customers feel
welcome in our store.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. -
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- A positive attitude and a desire to promptly resolve potential
customer issues or complaints.
- Knowledge of agricultural equipment, parts and supplies either
by educational program or practical use preferred.EEO
EmployerPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: Agri Supply Company, Richmond , Sales Associate (Full Time, Agriculture Dept.), Sales , Petersburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...